Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome to "This reView of Life"

The line with which Darwin closed On The Origin of Species captures much of why I am, why I always knew I would be, a biologist.

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved."

And as Darwin ended his transformative work, so begins this humble experiment in running commentary on science. I am inexhaustibly fascinated with and often appalled by the portrayal or synopses of science in the media, and hope to use this outlet to highlight interesting topics, redress wrongdoings, and expound upon loose ends in articles that come my way. I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment